Are You Ready for Realtime Reporting?
Do you know what realtime reporting is? Simply put, it is the instantaneous translation of spoken proceedings directly into text.
How does this happen? Counsel’s laptop or iPad is connected via a secure realtime network, enabling counsel to read and annotate the text in real time during the proceedings.
You do not even have to be in the same room, province or state. We provide secure remote realtime to anywhere in the world via encrypted internet connections using a program called CaseViewNet.
CaseViewNet is a free transcript viewer created by Stenograph. CaseViewNet provides interactive realtime access to testimony through the court reporter’s private wifi network or a wired connection, and it updates all edits during the session.
Your realtime reporter will guide you through the connection process, and our detailed written instructions provide step-by-step guidance on creating issue codes, marking the text, searching for keywords and running annotation reports.
Why request realtime reporting?
Because you have everything right there at your fingertips. Being without means you have no way to quickly review previous testimony, mark issues or search through the transcript.
The benefits of realtime are many, including the following:
- With a live feed you can instantly read back and review the witness’s response.
- The marking and annotation features reduce the time it takes to summarize transcripts.
- The feed can be searched, marked, annotated and reviewed during the proceeding to ensure important followups are not overlooked.
- Non-examining counsel can mark issues to be addressed in their examination and use the realtime feed to determine whether a question was objectionable or needs further clarification.
- While the transcript in progress is yet to be certified, it can be a powerful tool in preparation for the next day’s proceedings.
- The ability to effectively attend proceedings remotely eliminates travel difficulties and costs.
Book your realtime reporter today!
Visit our Realtime Reporting page to learn more about how we can help you.