Connect Series: Meet Scheduler Krystal Wong!
From coordinating US depositions to ensuring reporters have everything they need to succeed at their work, Krystal handles the more advanced work in our dedicated scheduling program to ensure consistent client satisfaction.
Happy court reporters are high-performing court reporters, and Krystal makes sure that All-Star by Reportex is a great place to work.
How did you come to be a scheduler at All-Star by Reportex?
I started off at All-Star as an office assistant, which taught me the fundamentals of the business. As I became more involved in the day-to-day operations of the office, I accepted a role in management. In early 2020 the company’s operations expanded significantly, and I began specializing in scheduling and coordinating our bookings across our locations in the greater Vancouver Area and Victoria.
Scheduling sounds like a bit of an art. What are your top three tips for staying organized?
Staying organized is an essential component for success. Here are my top three tips:
- Prioritize: set out a list of things that need to be done each morning and check back throughout the day to ensure the most important tasks are completed.
- Keep detailed notes: I find taking notes to be very helpful in keeping track of what needs to be accomplished and when.
- Schedule reminders: have reminders set up on your phone or Outlook for time-sensitive assignments.
At Reportex our core values of team, mentorship, equality, community and industry are central to what we do. Which of these values resonates most strongly with you and why?
“Team” resonates most strongly with me because teamwork is fundamental for smooth operation of the company. Forming strong bonds of trust as we support each other allows for seamless collaboration and effective communication to achieve maximum efficiency.
What are your top three phone apps?
These are my top three phone applications:
- Notepad: take a lot of notes to keep track of everything in my life.
- Instant messenger applications: I find instant messaging applications to be an easy way to keep in touch with family and friends. Using Slack (another instant messaging application) for work is a great way for communicating with co-workers.
- Camera: I use the camera to take photos and screenshots to capture and document any references I may find useful.
Do you have a favourite holiday tradition or recipe that you would like to share?
I have such fond memories of my grandmother’s egg tarts. She would always make them for special holidays or occasions and share them with everyone. Sadly, I don’t have a copy of my grandmother’s particular recipe, but here is a recipe that has amazing reviews.