Zoom’s Latest Updates
Read about Zoom’s latest round of features and enhancements below. A reminder, to access these features, download the latest version of Zoom.
New Updates to Web
Changes to Existing Features
• Enhanced Passcode Settings for Select Accounts: The web portal settings for Passcode for instant meeting and Passcode for newly scheduled meetings are now one setting called “Meeting Passcode” for accounts with a single licensed user, Pro accounts with 2 or more licenses, Business accounts with 10-100 licenses, and Basic (free) accounts. If the Passcode requirement for Personal Meeting ID (PMI) is enabled, it will be applied whether Join Before Host is enabled or disabled.
• Updated Settings for New Accounts: All new accounts created on or after September 27 will have the Passcode settings for Personal Meeting ID (PMI), Personal Audio Conference (PAC), phone dial-in users, and Zoom Room Meeting ID enabled by default.
New Updates to Zoom Rooms
New and Enhanced Features to Zoom Rooms
- Virtual background support on DTEN Me devices must be on 1.1 firmware
- Video preview
- View in-meeting chat on Zoom Rooms Touch devices
- Join breakout rooms using the Zoom Rooms Controller on non-touch Zoom Rooms Appliances (support for more Zoom Rooms OS coming soon)
- Italian language support